Here’s another Nigella ‘Kitchen’ recipe that I absolutely love.
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3-5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (you may want more lemon than this, I add 4 tbsp)
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes or 1 tsp pouring salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4-6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (get Bart’s, it’s by far the best one)
Put the garlic clove into the food processor and blitz it. Then add the chickpeas, peanut butter, lemon juice, salt, cumin and 3 tbsp oil. Blitz to a knobbly puree.
Add 4 tbsp yoghurt and blitz again. If the hummus is still very thick (results can vary depending on the chickpeas) add another 1-2 tbsp yoghurt and the same of oil. Taste for seasoning.
Put the hummus into your serving bowl. Combine the peanuts and smoked paprika and sprinkle over the top.